The position is for an experienced travel advisor to join the Brownell Leisure Sales Team in the Mobile, AL office.
Brownell is a Birmingham-based company with a rich 130+ year history in the travel industry, with $100+ million in annual sales. Brownell services include Leisure Travel, Meeting Planning and Incentives, Group Tours, and Hosting and Mentoring divisions for independent travel planners.
Brownell is committed to helping clients Discover More with enriching travel experiences. Employees have collectively developed a vision and set of values that allow the company to operate with a common focus on client success. Brownell has also developed a unique selling process called ‘Discover More’that ensures that Brownell clients are delighted with their travel experiences.
Brownell has been recognized by Conde’ Nast Traveler and Travel and Leisure as one of the top travel agencies in the nation. Brownell is an affiliate of Virtuoso, Specialists in the Art of Travel, the world’s largest luxury leisure travel association and is a member of Tzell, America’s leading corporate travel management company.
- Develop and maintain list of clients through personal connections, repeat clients and referrals
- Receive leads from various means (“cold calls”, web leads, other advisors and officers of company)
- Maintain strong book of business to meet annual goals (to be determined with the Executive Vice President of Leisure).
- Serve as an industry ambassador who values and promotes the positive impact of travel
- Participate in ongoing marketing strategies to increase business
- Participate in weekly sales meetings with the leisure team
- Be available and accessible for clients while they travel
- Ongoing professional development and educational travel
- Implement the ‘Discover More’ process with all clients:
- DISCOVER– Explore the travel possibilities with clients and getting to know their vision for the perfect travel experience. This stage is more about WHY they want to travel, than where they want to travel.
- DESIGN– Work hand-in-hand to select and book the right travel experience for the client using our supplier partners around the world.
- CONNECT– Keep close tabs on the trip plans and communicate with clients as they anxiously await the trip of their dreams. Let them know where things stand with our partners who are preparing for their arrival.
- EXPERIENCE– Send the client off completely prepared to Discover everything that awaits them on their trip of a lifetime.
- SHARE– Relive the magic of the client’s trip by collecting detailed feedback that becomes part of their travel profile for the future. This imperative step helps secure the trust for a long lasting relationship between client and travel advisor.
- Must have prior experience as a travel advisor
- People Skills: Requires professional, courteous interaction with clients, supplier partners and co-workers
- Proactive: assess and resolve problems, initiates taking on new work
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Expedient typing speed is preferred.
- Knowledge of Sabre/Worldspan preferred
- Knowledge of ClientBase preferred
- Travel Industry experience preferred
Personal and Professional Traits
- Entrepreneurial minded self-starter who anticipates what needs to be done and is resourceful
- Passion for the impact of travel
- Exemplary sales skills and customer oriented approach
- Cool under pressure, remains composed and must be able to demonstrate the ability to handle crises
- Confident in client meetings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- High integrity and honesty
- Candidates with personal travel experience will be preferred