Brownell is accepting positions for an Assistant Travel Coordinator to support one of the most successful luxury travel sales teams in the world. This is a sought-after opportunity to join the fast-paced travel industry with the winner of The Birmingham Business Journal’s Best Places to Work (2017, 2018 and 2019) and Best Places to Work for Young Professionals (2019). The position is based in Brownell’s Headquarters in Birmingham, AL.
Brownell sells travel experiences in the form of life-altering journeys, heart-pumping encounters, relaxing retreats and memories that transcend generations. Brownell is the oldest and most prestigious leisure travel agency in North America, founded in 1887 (nope, not a typo).
- You are self-motivated and hold yourself to high standards.
- You are confident in your courteous communication skills with colleagues and clients.
- You sweat the small stuff. Details are what make the world go ‘round.
- You have a list and love checking things off.
- You thrive with a team to support and with the support of a team.
- You are proactive, resourceful and can be counted on to “get things done.”
Your Skills & Aptitudes
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook & Word
- Adapts quickly and easily to new technology
- Can manage multiple tasks from several points of contact
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY Responsibilities
- Support a fast-paced sales team with administrative tasks and database management.
- Input travel reservation details into CRM database.
- Help manage work-flow via the CRM database by scheduling key trip reminders.
- Create invoices for complicated trips with precision.
- Create contact sheets and final documents for client trips.
- Communicate with our partners around the world with pre-trip questions, client arrivals and important documents and travel requirements.
- Coordinate innovative and creative pre-trip client touch-points and gifts