At Brownell, our success is dependent upon our team of highly qualified and motivated professionals inspired by the world of travel. We want every employee and independent travel advisor to feel a sense of contribution and pride in the quality of service to which we have been committed for over 135 years.
Brownell is widely acclaimed among the industry’s top travel professionals. Our travel consultants are continually acknowledged in two of the most esteemed travel magazines, Conde Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure, for providing an uncompromising level of service. We are looking for employees who will support and further our mission of success.
If you are a self-motivated individual with a positive attitude and a growth mindset and thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, we want you! Brownell is seeking a creative, analytical, and versatile Digital Marketing Specialist to support the Director of Marketing in the development and execution of marketing strategies and campaigns that promote Brownell Travel, with a strong emphasis on the B2B function of the company.
The Digital Marketing Specialist will report to the Director of Marketing (based in Raleigh, NC) and work in the Birmingham HQ or remotely.
As the Digital Marketing Specialist, your primary responsibility will be conceptualizing and executing programs that generate interest and drive engagement and conversion through various digital channels, such as email, social media, webinars, and more. You will be responsible for optimizing our website and leading digital marketing campaigns from ideation to implementation, proactively finding new opportunities, and refining our digital strategies. As an integral part of the Marketing Team, you will collaborate closely with the Hosting team to identify target audiences and create effective brand awareness and recruiting tactics.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Our ideal candidate is a highly proactive self-starter, who can wear multiple hats, and has experience as a growth marketer. You have demonstrable experience contributing to website content design, email and landing page design/optimization, social media, blogs, product promotions, and digital ad content. You can develop engaging digital content that educates and compels action. With your analytical and creative mindset, you should be adept at using data to craft stories that build and engage audiences. Finally, you’re tech-savvy and up-to-date on marketing tools, platforms, and resources. Passion for the travel industry and/or experience in the travel industry is a plus. As someone who really enjoys owning digital marketing content soup to nuts — and wants to get even more involved in strategy and communications — you are
ready for a role where you can take the wheel and steer this firm’s B2B and B2C marketing efforts to new heights.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Analyze web traffic metrics and suggest solutions to boost web presence
• Optimize site copy and pages to enhance search engine results, curating SEO language, authoring meta descriptions, titles, tags, and keywords for higher organic SERP performance using insight from SEMrush
• Plan and execute SEM focusing on maximizing ROI to meet business goals
• Keep up-to-date with travel business trends and our audience preferences and proactively suggest new opportunities
• Execute ongoing website updates and monitor for broken links, page errors, and other issues
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s in marketing, advertising, communications, or a related field
• 3+ years of experience in digital marketing; travel industry experience a plus
• Demonstrable experience contributing to website content design, email and landing page design/optimization, social media, blogs, and digital content.
• Solid knowledge of website and marketing analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, SEMRush, etc.)
• Strong understanding of SEO, SEM, email marketing, and social media marketing
• Working knowledge of HTML and WordPress
• Superb copywriting and copy-editing skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
• Proficiency with design tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, etc.
• Adheres to Brownell values of: Passion, Integrity, Graciousness, Excellence, Curiosity and Innovation
At Brownell, we pride ourselves with creating unique and extraordinary travel experiences for our clients. The secret behind our longevity (135 years!) is the relationships and rapport we maintain with our diverse partners throughout the world. Just as we have recognized that these relationships are important, the same holds true for the respect and value we hold for our own teams and independent advisors.
We are committed to nurturing an inclusive environment for our team that reflects the same diversity in travel we provide to our clients. We encourage all team members to bring their true selves to work. In fact, we find that it is when team members share their unique lived experiences during the Discover phase with clients, the result is the creation of truly exceptional travel experiences – be it for a weekend getaway or a once-in-a-lifetime trip.
We recognize that we have more to do to actualize a more diverse workforce, and we know this initiative starts with us. To hold ourselves accountable, we formed DEI Innovation Team in October 2020. The team is tasked with an action plan to create a more inclusive company culture and increase diversity.