At Brownell, our success is dependent upon our team of highly qualified and motivated professionals inspired by the world of travel. We want every employee and independent travel advisor to feel a sense of contribution and pride in the quality of service to which we have been committed for over 135 years.
Brownell is widely acclaimed among the industry’s top travel professionals. Our travel consultants are continually acknowledged in two of the most esteemed travel magazines, Conde Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure, for providing an uncompromising level of service. We are looking for employees who will support and further our mission of success.
If you are a self-motivated individual with a positive attitude and a growth mindset and thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, we want you! Brownell is seeking a creative, analytical, and versatile Marketing Specialist to support the Director of Marketing in the development and execution of marketing strategies and campaigns that promote Brownell Travel, with a strong emphasis on the B2B function of the company.
The Marketing Specialist will report to the Director of Marketing (based in Raleigh, NC) and work in the Birmingham HQ or remotely.
As the Marketing Specialist, your primary responsibility will be to assist in conceptualizing and executing marketing activities that generate interest and drive engagement and conversion through various digital channels, such as website, email, social media, webinars, and more. You will assist in creating digital marketing campaigns, analyze marketing KPIs and proactively find new opportunities, refining our strategies and developing new content. In addition, as an integral part of the Marketing Team, you will collaborate closely with the Talent Development team to identify target audiences and create effective brand awareness and recruiting tactics.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Our ideal candidate is a creative, highly proactive self-starter, who can wear multiple hats, and has experience as a growth marketer. You can develop engaging digital content that educates and compels action. With your creative and analytical mindset, you should be adept at using data to craft stories that build and engage audiences. Finally, you’re tech-savvy and up-to-date on marketing tools, platforms, and resources. Passion for the travel industry and/or experience in the travel industry is a plus.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Generate new and creative B2C and B2B growth strategies through digital marketing.
• Gather, assemble, and help develop content for email campaigns, social media, website, and lead magnets; curate assets and assist in creating and managing content calendars.
• Write blogs and content for landing pages to increase brand awareness and digital footprint.
• Conceptualize and execute email campaigns and set up automation.
• Execute ongoing website updates and optimize website copy to enhance search engine results.
• Keep up to date with travel business trends and our audience preferences and proactively suggest new marketing opportunities.
• Regularly offer new and creative content ideas.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelors in marketing, advertising, communications, or a related field.
• 3+ years of experience in digital marketing; travel industry experience a plus.
• Demonstrable experience contributing to website content design, email and landing page design/optimization, social media, blogs, and digital content.
• Superb content writing and proofreading skills and the ability to write compelling marketing copy.
• Strong verbal communication skills; client management experience a plus.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Attention to detail, you’re obsessed with finding and fixing typos.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
• Working knowledge of WordPress and Constant Contact or similar.
• Familiarity with SEO and website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, SEMrush, etc.)
• Proficiency with design tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, etc.
• Adheres to the Brownell Values of Passion, Integrity, Graciousness, Excellence, Curiosity, and Innovation
Reporting to the Director of Travel Services in Birmingham, AL, the Air Desk Coordinator will be responsible for assisting in the daily operations of Brownell’s Air Desk. The ideal candidate will be eager to serve and support our group of over 100 Independent Travel Advisors with air requests for their clients. The role has the option to work remotely after the initial training period in Birmingham, then tentatively requires 2-3 days a quarter in the Birmingham office.
o You have experience with booking airfare, especially with international routing
o You have knowledge and/or experience within the travel industry
o You have worked in a GDS before (Sabre, Worldspan, etc.)
o You have an extraordinary ability to multi-task
o You understand the importance of and can maintain confidentiality of information
o You are extremely detail oriented and organized
o You are an excellent communicator both in written format and verbally
o Your personal values align with those of Brownell Travel: Passion, Integrity, Graciousness, Excellence, Innovation and Curiosity
A DAY IN THE LIFE
• Booking agent for domestic and international air schedules utilizing published, private, bulk, and contract rates for Brownell’s Independent Advisors and/or their clients.
• Assist with client information management including passport information, dates of birth, loyalty numbers and PNR importing
• Communicate schedule changes to Air Desk users
• Obtain electronic visas for required destinations as needed
• Provide support for group bookings as needed
• Ticket and exchange flights in Sabre GDS as needed
• After-hours or holiday work may be required on occasion
o Bachelor’s Degree in Business/IT or a related discipline (or comparable experience)
o 1-2 years of experience with Sabre or comparable GDS required
o A background with international air routing required
o Must have 2-3 years of general office experience
o Strong experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word is required
At Brownell, we pride ourselves with creating unique and extraordinary travel experiences for our clients. The secret behind our longevity (135 years!) is the relationships and rapport we maintain with our diverse partners throughout the world. Just as we have recognized that these relationships are important, the same holds true for the respect and value we hold for our own teams and independent advisors.
We are committed to nurturing an inclusive environment for our team that reflects the same diversity in travel we provide to our clients. We encourage all team members to bring their true selves to work. In fact, we find that it is when team members share their unique lived experiences during the Discover phase with clients, the result is the creation of truly exceptional travel experiences – be it for a weekend getaway or a once-in-a-lifetime trip.
We recognize that we have more to do to actualize a more diverse workforce, and we know this initiative starts with us. To hold ourselves accountable, we formed DEI Innovation Team in October 2020. The team is tasked with an action plan to create a more inclusive company culture and increase diversity.