Germany is a diverse country with many attractions! The combination of old world charm and modern urban cities make it an ideal destination for travelers. With a wide array of food, accomodations and drink options, Germany is traditionally less expensive to travel to than its other European counterparts. Below are just a few reasons why Germany should be on your bucket list!
1. Germans love to celebrate. From Oktoberfest to Christmas markets to Carnival and the famous Rhine in Flames, Germany features a fair to celebrate everything!
2. The home of Bach and Beethoven, Germany boasts around 300 theatres, 130 professional orchestras and 630 art museums with internationally acclaimed collections. This is ideal for the travelers interested in the fine arts.
3. Even though German is the primary language, many also speak English, making it easy for non-German speaking visitors to communicate.
4. The country is crisscrossed by 7,900 miles of autobahn and a rail network of nearly 21,800 miles. This extensive system makes traveling by car or rail extremely easy.
5. Divided into 16 diverse states, the country has a region and activity for everything. Plus, each state has different food and drink specialties.
6. Thirteen national parks offer a quiet escape from the fast pace of city life.
7. Neuschwanstein was the inspiration for Disneyland’s Sleeping Beauty Castle and is an easy day trip from Munich. This stunning structure is the ideal of romantic architecture, and is one of the many fairytale castles dotted throughout Germany.
8. Germans know how to relax and unwind! With more than 1,000 wellness and beauty hotels, 350 health resorts and spas and an extensive range of specialist clinics they make it easy to return home feeling refreshed.
9. As the home of the high performance car, Germany is the place to experience an adrenaline rush. With more than 200 attractions and museums offering car and technology themed activities it is easy to please any car enthusiast. Or…even better, rent a car for a drive on the autobahn, where there are no speed limits!
10. Germany is synonymous with innovation and cosmopolitan living, and has three cities with a population larger than one million. These modern cities offer a variety of music, shopping, bars and nightlife that are sure to entertain those young and old.