Bali, a province of Indonesia, has been a long time favorite tourist destination. Rich in culture and modern performing arts, Bali also provides some unique native food inspirations. When in dining in Bali, try the following traditional Balinese foods to get a true taste of the local culture!
- Mangosteen: Squeeze the outer shell between your palms then eat the white inner fruit
- Mango: Not your average American version—much sweeter
- Rambutin: This fruit is definitely a must-try and can be found in many Balinese breakfast spreads
- Butterfish: This is an Advisor-approved favorite. Every seafood lover should get the chance to experience the unique taste of a well prepared butterfish dish.
- Nasi Goreng and/or Mei Goreng: This typical Balinese dish consists of rice noodles with chicken and vegetables mixed in for a flavorful delight.
- Lassi: A yogurt drink complete with a helping of fruit