COVID-19 may have put a pause on most travel, but it doesn’t mean you have to stop dreaming about where to go next. From virtual tours to global recipes, we’ve rounded up ways to experience the world from home while you’re social distancing.
Virtual Museum Tours
You can experience some of the world’s most famous museums from the comfort of your couch thanks to technology. Explore the National Museum of History, the Guggenheim, or many other museums here and here.
Our partners at Context Travel are now offering Context Conversations, 90-minute seminars with scholars where you discover more about a destination or museum. You can select the date and time for your seminar here, and then enjoy learning and conversation from home.
Read a Book
Let your imagination soar as destinations come to life in the pages of a book. Our team has shard their favorites in the four editions of the Brownell Book Club, plus we have another list of other must-reads below.
- Brownell Book Club: First Edition
- Brownell Book Club: Second Edition
- Brownell Book Club: Third Edition
- Brownell Book Club: Fourth Edition
- 10 Must-Read Books for Travel
Watch a Movie
Just like a book can take you to a different place, so can movies! Take a break from the news, and relax while watching one of our suggested travel-inspiring movies.
- Movies to Watch Before Traveling
- Best Travel Movies (shoutout to Independent Advisor Marion McDonald for helping us with this list!)
Taste the World
Just because you can’t have pasta in Italy right now doesn’t mean that you can’t bring the flavors to your kitchen. Some of our partners – and our Executive Vice President Meg North – share recipes for cocktails, appetizers, entrees, and more!
- El Diablo cocktail from the One&Only Palmilla
- Meg’s Paella
- A Taste of Rocco Forte – recipes from our partners at Rocco Forte
- Caribbean Cookbook – recipes from our partners at Ritz-Carlton
- A Taste of Europe – recipes from our partners at Park Hyatt & Andaz
- The Hemingway
live stream views
Who said you have to leave your living room to see what’s happening around the world? Many of our favorite hotels and destinations are now offering live streaming so that you can experience any destination in real time without ever getting off the couch.
Do you have little ones home from school? Here are some activities for young travelers.
- Virtual Expedition to the Galapagos with Lindblad Expeditions
- Van Gogh coloring pages (and “walk” through the Van Gogh Museum together here!)
How you do you experience the world from home? Let us know! Send us a message on Instagram or Facebook, or email email@example.com. And if you’re ready to start brainstorming your next trip for when we can start traveling, click here to connect with an advisor.