From crisp Greek Salad to savory Cheese Pie, there’s nothing like fresh Greek cuisine. Our partners at Eclectic Greece offer experiences throughout the country where you can learn to cook authentic recipes from locals. During a trip to Greece with Eclectic Greece, our team got to learn a few new recipes during an intimate lesson in a local home in Naxos and from a chef in a cooking school in Santorini. Until you can go to Greece and learn from the pros yourself, bring a taste of Greece into your home with these delightful recipes below.
Recipes from the Naxos Cooking School
- 500 gr of self-rising flour
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 1 cup of warm milk
- 18gr dried yeast
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1tsp of salt
- 500 gr of feta cheese
- 2 eggs
- Oregano, pepper, salt
- In a mixing bowl, add olive oil, milk, sugar and yeast. Mix them well and add 2 tbs of flour to absorb the yeast.
- Add salt and the rest of flour till we have a dough which doesn’t stick to our hands. Make 5 balls. Let it sit.
- Add all the ingredients of filling in a bowl and melt the cheese.
- Take the first ball and rolling out with a rolling pin and give round shape. Cut it like a pizza. At the big side of every part add cheese and roll like croissant. Repeat for every ball.
- Baste the cheese pie on the top with beaten eggs and add also some sesame seeds.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 370°F. Enjoy!
- 500 gr strain yogurt
- 1 cucumber
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp wine vinegar
- 2 tsp salt
- Grate the cucumber and squeeze to remove the liquids.
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
Recipes from Andronis Concept
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- ½ cucumber
- Feta cheese
- Olive oil
- 5-10 Greek Olives
- 10g of caper
- 1 small green pepper
- Cut all the ingredients and put them in a bowl.
- Add plenty of olive oil and salt with the oregano and mix.
- Serve in a deep dish and finally add the feta cheese, olives and caper.
- 1kg of moderate sized zucchini
- 250g soft feta cheese, crushed
- 100g flour for all uses
- 50g of self-rising flour
- 1/2 bunch of fresh mint (the leaves), finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 50g of chopped dill
- 2 eggs, preferably organic
- Freshly ground pepper
- Olive oil, for frying
- Slice the zucchini using a grater, put them in a strainer, salt them, stir and leave them for 15 – 20 minutes to dry. Squeeze them well with your hands and put them in a large bowl.
- Add the feta cheese, flour, herbs, eggs, pepper and some salt.
- Gently mix and make walnut-sized zucchini-balls, roll them in flour and shake them to rinse off the excess flour.
- Pre-heat the olive oil and then fry the zucchini balls until they become golden in color.
- Lay them on a napkin to absorb the excess oil, add the dill and serve.
- 20g of ouzo
- 1kg of minced lamb meat
- 5g of garlic
- 170g of onion
- 6g of oregano
- 6g Cumin
- 4g of coriander
- 2 eggs
- 12g of mint
- 6g of lard
- 50g of feta cheese
- 50g of toast bread
- Olive oil, salt, pepper
- 1 tsp Dill, for garnish
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix using your hands. Make small round balls of the mix using your hands and roll them with flour. Shake off any excess flour.
- Pre-heat the olive oil in a saucepan and, when it is hot, fry the meatballs.
- Remove them when they became light brown, lay them on a napkin to absorb the excess oil/.
- Top with 1 teaspoon of chopped dill and serve.